As you know I like writing prompts where you use random things to write a story. Today you are going to use five words to write a story. Get a dictionary and open it to a random page. Do this five times and use all five words to write a story. Challenge yourself and have fun with this exercise.
Write a story about this battle. Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys? Why are they fighting? Try to make the dialogue match the picture since this is obviously a period piece. Try something new and have some fun.
Write a story about the person who wears these kind of shoes.
If you had to use food to describe your life which food would it be? Write a poem using food to describe your life.
Jalapeno, hot, sometimes so much it burns you
Sour cream cools it off, so you can actually enjoy it.
Salsa is refreshing; it’s like starting over
Beans make things spicy, tasty, and interesting
Tortillas give it texture and dimensions and holds it together so you can take another bite
One movie from the 80′s that I thought was pretty good is Red Dawn. This movie has been remade like just about every other film. The story is about a small town in the Midwest that gets taken over by Russian terrorists.
People are rounded up and some of the parents are even killed. A group of teenagers hide out and band together and fight back. What would you do if your town or city was taken over by terrorists or aliens? Would you give up or fight back? Write a story about this happening in your city or town.
If you live in a big city the story can be pretty exciting but if you live in a small town there are great possibilities to make your story awesome too.
Give it a try.
You’re at the bank standing in line when all of a sudden masked men pull out guns. They tell everyone that they are going to rob the bank. What happens next? Are you a undercover superhero and foil the robbery? Or do they take you hostage? Write what happens next.
- FBI Captures Wanted Female Bank Robber In Danvers (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Police hunt bank robber who dressed as Darth Vader (dailymail.co.uk)
- Baseball Cap Bank Robber Spells Out What He Wants From This Bank Teller [Cuff 'Em] (bustedcoverage.com)
I have talked about all sorts of supernatural beings that appear in stories. Today I want you to create a supernatural being of your own.
What is your creature like? Is your being good or bad? What does your being come from? This planet or somewhere far away?
It was a dark and gloomy day. It already started to rain. I decided to go for a walk anyway…
Write what happens next.
Write a poem about ice cream.
Worth the long wait in line.
Chocolate chip, Vanilla, or something new?
Sweet and Creamy
With or without toppings
Cup or cone?
Drifts on your tongue
- Summer heat brings out the wacky ice cream – USA TODAY (drugstoresource.wordpress.com)
- The Frosty Isotope (navywifechronicles.wordpress.com)
- The Graveyard Of Shelved Ice Cream Flavors (npr.org)
- When was the last time you had ice-cream? (hairinbahren.wordpress.com)
- How To Make Vanilla Ice Cream at Home Tutorials from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Spicy Ginger Ice Cream (ideasinfood.com)
- The Graveyard Of Shelved Ice Cream Flavors (wnyc.org)
- 5-minute Ice Cream (sexynika.wordpress.com)
- Easy Creamy Banana Ice Cream 5 Ways (mymajicdc.com)
- “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream” [Clodagh Phelan] (ecademy.com)
Write a poem about what your hopes for your summer vacation.
Hot days lounging in the sun
Outdoor concerts overflowing with music
Barbeques, time with friends
Outdoor festivals with artists selling their wares
Trips to the beach greeting the endless ocean
Salted air and picnics
Road trips down the weary highway
Wishing that it would never end