It seems like lots of YA writers write about angels, werewolves, vampires and other supernatural beings. Some people write about different worlds that have different rules in regards to how people live. I have to admit that I love them all. Supernatural is cool. I love reading about made up worlds. My book is set in reality. New York during a series of kidnappings. There are other writers who write realistic fiction.
What kind of YA books do you like to read? If you are a writer don’t try to write for the trend. Write what calls to you.
- There’s always room for Pi(e) and YA (writingwrongs.wordpress.com)
- YA Lit: Real Diversity or Coffee-Colored Characters? (blogher.com)
- New Voices in YA Reading in Brookline – Including This Very Blogger! (anniecardi.com)
- YA Book Review: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (thelupinelibrarian.me)
- Confessions of a YA Junkie (chasingthecrazies.wordpress.com)
- Young adult romance: Not just for kids anymore (indiebookcollective.wordpress.com)