One of the most interesting autobiographies I read was by a former classmate of mine, Alexi. Alexis wrote his biography in the form of a short story. In his story he talked about living in New York City. Writing it like a short story helped to make the story very visual, creative, and interesting. Pretty soon you’ll have to write your autobiography when college application time rolls around. The admissions office will be reading hundreds if not thousands of applications so finding a way to make your application stand out is really important.
Write your autobiography but write it as if it was a short story.
- The Four Short Stories Challenge! (theartistrycollective.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Write a Short Story! (firstwordproblems.wordpress.com)
- So You Want to Write a Short Story (Part 1: Getting Started) (theartistrycollective.wordpress.com)
- Writing Sample: She’s a Girl Rising From a Shell (emiliajordan.com)
- Let’s Talk! Dialogue in Fiction (jthorsson.com)