The Sachs Foundation Scholarships
These scholarships are for high school seniors only, who will be attending college in the fall term of 2013. We select approximately 35 new grant recipients per year. The average undergraduate amount if $5,000.00 per year. This amount could vary depending upon fund availability. This one is only for Colorado residents who are African Americans but I am seeking more for a diverse selection of students.
In the past I even discovered one of single mothers. So you see there is something for everyone.
Completed applications, with all materials, must be submitted, online, to the Sachs Foundation between January 1st and March 15th
Here is the information on this scholarship below.
- Black (African-American)
We consider a person to be an African-American if they are a member of the African-American race. Applicants with mixed racial and ethnic backgrounds must demonstrate their racial identity to be predominantly African-American and the Trustees will interview and make a determination as to the qualification in those cases that are uncertain. Information as to philosophy, commitment to the African-American race and self-identity may also be considered in such areas.
- Colorado residents
- Applicants must be a full-time Colorado resident for a minimum of five years.
- Residence due to military orders to Colorado may be accepted on a case by case basis.
- To apply for our regular college grants you must include in your application packet:
- The application form
- A copy of the first two pages of your parent’s most current completed federal tax return (IRS form 1040). If you are considered to be independent, you will need to submit only your tax forms.
- A copy of your high school grade transcript.
- Pages 1 – 5 of your FAFSA Report.
- Electronic Student Aid Report (SAR).
- THREE current letters of recommendation from persons not related to you.
- A recent small photograph
- A one page personal biography
Check the website for more info.
- Pay for College – The Basics on Scholarships and Grants (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)
- Pay for College – How to Complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)
- Pay for College – How to Apply for a Scholarship (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)
- Scholarships up for grabs at Educating Children of Color Summit (gazette.com)