I suppose this really isn’t a tip. I just started reading Cassandra Clare‘s fifth book City of Lost Souls. The next book is coming out later this year and she has already written two prequels. It’s funny because Clare only intended to make this series a trilogy and then the series took on a life of its own and evolved into so much more than she could have ever expected.
Ooops, I guess this is tip after all. Just go with your story. That’s my advice to you all. Don’t edit yourself because you are trying to figure out what’s going to sell. If you stick you what the story is telling you that you need to write you just might come up with the first of a new trend. Believe me you really can’t EVER figure out what “they” want any way. Just to true to yourself and your writing.
- The Mortal Instruments Series: City of Bones [Cassandra Clare] (kssreads.wordpress.com)
- Cassandra Clare reveals the book titles for THE DARK ARTIFICES (tmisource.com)
- Clare shares image of “Clockwork Princess” tour bus (examiner.com)
- Everything you need to get ready for the ‘Clockwork Princess’ release (examiner.com)
- USA Today: Cassandra Clare has teen fiction down like ‘Clockwork’ (tmisource.com)
- Exclusive Teaser & Contest: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (novelnovice.com)