The Thurgood Marshall College Fund is a website that offers information on several merit based scholarships. The average award is $3100 per semester. Applicants must have:
At least a 3.0 gpa out of 4
Are merit based applicants with financial need
You must demonstrate leadership.
Attending a historically black college
Be recommended by school staff or faculty ( which means you can ask someone to recommend you)
Check out the website for more information.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t fit the requirements. There is something for everyone and I vow to keep looking!
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Awards $100,000 to Students (bet.com)
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund and United Health Foundation Award $100,000 in Scholarships to Diverse Students Pursuing Healthcare Careers (sys-con.com)
- Thurgood Marshall becomes first African-American justice, 1967 (historyherstoryblog.wordpress.com)
- 46 Years Ago Today Thurgood Marshall Confirmed As First Black Supreme Court Justice (lavenderqueenliz.wordpress.com)
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Hosts HBCU Golf Challenge to Benefit HBCU Students (hbculifestyle.com)