I just read about a new YA book called The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon it’s the first book in a seven-book series. The interesting about this book is that Samantha is only 21 with a seven book deal. People are already calling her the next JK Rowlings and wrote her first book when she was only fifteen. Can you believe it? I think this can be get inspiration to you all to really focus on your book. This book is set in the year 2059 during a time when having special powers is outlawed.
It looks like the new trend is definitely dystopia novel in the like The Hunger Games and Divergent. These novels are set in future worlds where things are pretty bleak if not frightening for its citizens. Having novels set in these worlds provides writers lots of room to be creative as they create new worlds. I think it’s pretty cool and I can’t wait to get my hands on this book.
- Samantha Shannon Faces Great Expectations In New CNN Interview (republicofscion.com)
- ‘The Bone Season’: Could This Be The Next Harry Potter? Maybe! (npr.org)
- Samantha Shannon: ‘Writing was a drug I couldn’t stop taking’ (theguardian.com)
- Novelist, 21, faces great expectations (wyff4.com)
- Novelist, 21, faces great expectations (wdsu.com)
- Samantha Shannon’s “The Bone Season” – What’s All The Fuss About? (contactmusic.com)
- At 21, is she the next J.K. Rowling? (cnn.com)
- Review of The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (thebookstop.wordpress.com)
- “The Bone Season”: A dystopian thriller that delivers (salon.com)
- My Preferred Dystopia (mybooklust.wordpress.com)