Here is an internship opportunity I saw posted on Funds for Writers.
Milina Barry PR
Milina Barry PR is an independent PR, marketing and consulting firm specializing in classical music and the performing arts. The firm is seeking an intern to assist with on-site work at the Music@Menlo festival in Atherton, California this summer. The position is ideally suited for a motivated individual who has strong writing, editing and communications skills and is eager to learn about public relations in the performing arts field.
The post offers:
- On-the-job training and hands-on experience working with the organization’s staff in a professional, supportive environment
- A broad perspective on the many components that form an internationally renowned classical music festival, with an emphasis on PR
- Free tickets to select performances and lectures, subject to availability and schedule demands
- College credit, work-study, independent study, and/or cooperative learning programs may be available through your college or university. Participants may arrange for academic credit through their school, but it is not a requirement.
- Coordinate press ticket requests
- Greet press on site at concert venues
- Take occasional press photos during the festival and liaise with house photographer regarding press requests
- Assist with social media outreach (posting comments, photos and press write ups on Facebook & Twitter about the festival)
- Help schedule artist interviews
- Drive to/from concert venues, receptions & interviews in Atherton, Menlo Park & Palo Alto (short distances)
Please e mail cover letter and resume to: MBPRNews@gmail.com. Our preferred deadline is May 15, 2014, however applications will still be accepted after the deadline. Early applications are encouraged.