The Austin International Poetry Festival is an international poetry competition for poets as young as kindergarten to 12th grade. You can submit up to three poems for consideration. This competition is open to diversity!
Below are some of the rules as listed on their site.
- K-12 Youth Poets may submit up to three separate poems individually.
- Additional submissions received are automatically discarded.
- Poems should be 35 lines or less and fit in a 4 inch by 7 inch area in Times New Roman 12 point. (Note that any line over 4 inches will break onto another line, increasing the number of lines.)
- Free for all K-12 Youth Poets.
- No simultaneous submissions or previously published poems.
- Editors have the right to disqualify any poem with objectionable material.
- Your parent must read the publication release and sign with their digital signature by typing their name on this submission form. #teen writing competition
Deadline: February 14, 2017
THE 2017 ADROIT PRIZES FOR POETRY AND PROSE
This competition is sponsored by the University of Pennsylvania for students 9th grade + and undergraduate students, including international students and students who have graduated a semester early in December 2016). This prize awards two winners.
Submissions may include up to six poems (maximum of ten pages single-spaced) and/or up to three works of prose (combined word limit of 3,500 words). Excerpts are acceptable. All submissions will be considered for publication in The Adroit Journal. Each submitter may not send more than one submission per genre, but may send both poetry and prose.#teen writing
Deadline: February 15, 2017
- Winners will each be awarded $200
- Work will be featured in The Adroit Journal.
- Winners, runners-up, and up to eight finalists will receive copies of the judges’ latest books.
For more information check out the website http://www.theadroitjournal.org/adroit-prizes
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I came across the site,The New Pages Young Author’s Guide. It has a lot of resources for teen writers. It’s a resource for young authors to find places to submit their work!
I was investigating teen writing competitions and came across this really cool competition. It’s a poetry competition sponsored by The Critical Pass Review. The Critical Junior Poet’s Award is a competition for students between the ages of 13 and 18 and the great part is that if you win you’ll get your work published!
2017 Critical Junior Poet’s Award will receive the following:
- A $100 prize
- $20 iTunes card
- A CD of master poets reading their works
- Publication of at least one of your poems in a 2017 issue of The Critical Pass Review and a digital copy of that issue.
The deadline is March 15th. The submission period opened on November 1st but you still have time to enter. Give this one a shot! Good luck and happy writing.
For more information click on the link below.
Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
I am a vegetarian so I really love this one. Are you a proud vegetarian? This might seem like a uniquely niche award, but the scholarship is very real! The Vegetarian Resource Group judges applicants on their “compassion, courage, and commitment to promoting a peaceful world through a vegetarian diet/lifestyle.” If you’ve promoted vegetarianism in your school or community, you’ll likely be a strong applicant. The first place winner receives $10,000, and two runners-up each receive $5,000.
- The scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors.
- The application submission deadline is February 20, 2017.
Click on http://www.vrg.org/student/scholarship_form.pdf for more information
- Check out the application here, and submission procedures here.