This is a reminder that the Young Arts deadline is approaching. If you are between the ages of 15 to 18 years old this is a great competition for you to enter. It’s for teens in all areas of the arts: writing, fine arts, music, acting, dance, cinematic arts, and design.
There are cash prizes but one of the great things about this competition is that you will be paired with a mentor who will help guide you on your path to pursue your art. A friend of mine won in photography and Darren was flown to Miami he put up in a hotel for a week and all his expenses were taken care of. Darren was paired with two mentors who took him around Miami as they gave him advice while took photographs. Lots of famous people went through this program and the mentors are Academy and Grammy award winner!
- Win cash awards of up to $10,000, an alternative to scholarships that can be spent any way you see fit.
- Take master classes with accomplished artists in your field.
- Become eligible for nomination as a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- Receive a lifetime of mentoring and professional support with a rich network of peers.
- Connect to educational and artistic development opportunities.
Click on the link for more information.
Deadline: October 13, 2017