This one is for seniors only.
A series of 8 distinct works that demonstrate versatility as a writer and diversity in writing technique and styles. The works can come from one category or any combination of multiple categories.
You can submit up to two portfolios but same work in both portfolios.
The maximum length for a writing portfolio is 24,000 words (not including the writer’s statement).
- The Writing Portfolio may include a writer’s statement. The statement should be 300 words and answer the following questions:
- Why did you select the work you submitted for your Writing Portfolio?
- How do you hope people will react when they read your work?
- What role does writing play in your life?
- Writer’s statements may be entered on the “Create Portfolio” page.
- Work included in a portfolio may also be submitted in an individual category (i.e. Short Story, Critical Essay, etc.). You will be able to indicate if you want to submit a work a part of a portfolio only, an individual submission only, or both on your student dashboard.
- Seniors may resubmit writing submitted to the Scholastic Awards in a previous year as part of their Writing Portfolio.
- Do not include any identifying information, such as your name, in the title of your portfolio or the works included in the submission.
This was posted on the Scholastic Arts and Writing Website.