Here’s a great opportunity for a middle-grade writer. Literature for middle-grade audiences (ages 8-12) in any genre or format.
- Editorial feedback from a panel of Harper Collins editors in writing, including an edit letter and a thirty-minute phone consultation.
- Consideration for publication by the Harper Collins Children’s Books’ acquisitions group.
Must be eighteen (18) years of age and older as of October 16, 2018.
Literature for middle-grade audiences, ages 8-12, in any genre or format.
- Dates: October 16, 2018 – November 16, 2018
- The Submission must be a middle-grade manuscript in any genre or format, written in the English language. Middle grade is defined as an audience that is between the ages of 8-12 years old. No picture book or young adult manuscripts at this time. A typical middle-grade novel is 30,000 – 75,000 words in length and a typical middle-grade graphic novel does not exceed 250 pages.
- The Submission should be reflective of a diverse background, with an emphasis on #ownvoices. The definition of diversity with We Need Diverse Books and recognize all diverse experiences, including (but not limited to) LGBTQIA, Native, people of color, gender diversity, people with disabilities, and ethnic, cultural, and religious minorities.
- The Submission must include a cover page with the title of your Submission, your full name and email address an optional paragraph answering why you are entering the Contest, and a signed and completed submission release form.